Relocation is a complicated process that requires a lot of coordination. Often, we hear from local Savannah home sellers who are moving and need to sell their properties. Right now, we are actively buying houses in Savannah GA, we can help a great many of those sellers sell their houses quickly.
As moving brings a dramatic change, there are a lot of details you have to keep straight, plus you have to deal with what caused you to move in the first place – a job transfer or a sick family member are common reasons.
How can we make the most of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize, Organize.
Paying for upkeep and maintenance of a vacant house for two years makes no sense. This is a waste of money.
Even though the market in Savannah is fairly stable at the moment, anything can happen at a moment’s notice. Over the years, we have heard some scary stories.
When you are moving from Savannah GA and want to sell your house quickly, what should you do?
So What’s Next? How to sell my house fast in Savannah
- Find out how much your house is worth today. You can use an agent who is reputable, or contact us for a no-cost, no-obligation assessment of your home. You can determine how long it may take for you to sell the house once you estimate how much the house may sell for in the current market.
- Sell your house as quickly as possible after you move: This is a huge consideration. A lot of people who moved out of state for work waited over a year before selling their houses for much lower prices than they expected. Select the timeframe in which you want your house to sell… including the length of time you are prepared to continue paying your mortgage, insurance, etc.
- Before you begin packing – Make sure you contact an experienced moving company before starting the move. Waiting too long increases the likelihood of the house not selling…costing you a lot of money. You can also sell through us if you don’t want to work with a real estate agent. We are a local cash buyer and can give you a fast-fair all-cash offer. Complete the form below to get started.
- The goal is to sell your house for the most money: Consider selling your house fast versus waiting for the perfect price. Be sure to calculate how much it will cost to maintain your property over time.
For example, if you want to sell your house for $200,000, the costs involved include the mortgage (which is primarily interest during the first decade), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s say you want to sell for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc). Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non-equity building” expenses. If it takes 7 months to sell the house via a real estate agent for $200,000…
You had to pay $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” plus $12,000 in real estate agent fees (that’s assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent!), totaling $23,200 in money lost.
Even without factoring in the value of your time, the stress you felt when the property was sitting on the market, or the opportunity cost of what you could have done with that extra money, etc. In other words, it likely cost you more than $30,000. However, if you sold your house next week instead, what if you didn’t have to pay any of those expenses? Even if you sold the house for a discount below the retail price (let’s say $175k…) You still win if you sell your house today to a company like ours, rather than waiting seven months to sell (or paying holding costs and agent fees)!
- Don’t wait any longer, take action! Whatever you decide, don’t put it off any longer. Great if you decide to work with a real estate agent! Find a reliable local agent in Savannah GA. Selling to us might be an option for you if you don’t want to wait or pay a real estate agent’s commissions.
When you have a lot of time and a great property, you might consider setting a high price and watching how the market reacts. It is possible for someone to fall in love and be willing to overpay just out of love.
Generally, most properties are pretty average. Similar to how neighbors share much in common, houses near each other tend to be like each other too. The bottom line is, unless your property stands out in a magazine-quality way, price it at the highest point won’t get you the most money on the market.
Additionally, you have the option of marketing your property both for sale and for rent at the same time. In real estate, even experienced brokers may have difficulty maintaining control of the process.
Our property owners sometimes allow us to help them secure lease option agreements, in which highly qualified buyers rent a property for a predetermined period of time before buying it.
Other times, we can assist with renegotiating a loan, maintaining monthly payments, or even conducting a short sale.
Providing solutions to complex problems is something we enjoy doing.
Innovative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who are 32Homes LLC and how can 32Homes LLC help you if you are moving and planning to sell in Savannah?
We’re investors. By buying from homeowners in Savannah who need to sell fast for one reason or another, we support families looking to buy homes and beautify our neighborhoods.
Sellers who work with us include folks who…
- Want to close as soon as possible (we can close in as little as 7 days if necessary)
- Do not want a real estate agent to list their property
- You do not want to pay real estate agents’ fees
- Having trouble selling their house for one reason or another (we purchase houses as-is)
- … or for any other reason you may have!
Yet, we’re enthusiastic about Savannah and believe it has great potential.
Integrity and honesty are important to us.
We provide fast cash closing with a fair price.
It is possible to sell your property from a distance if you are willing to wait and have the help of professionals. There is a risk, but in some cases it pays off.
Please feel free to contact us if you have questions about your Savannah real estate, so please don’t hesitate to call (912) 421-9907 and chat with us at any time.